A Corpus Christi Parent Dealing With Diabetes

Welcome to the new site of "A Corpus Christi Parent Dealing With Diabetes". Being a Parent is hard, but when your child has Diabetes sometimes it pushes you to the brink! This website was created because somedays you really need someone to help and somedays you just need someone to listen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Support Group Meeting For September

I want to apologize for the absence of Posts from the last couple of months. As you all know, sometimes life just get so busy any free time you have becomes precious. The end of summer and the beginning of school was a very busy time for me and I had to chose what to let slide. I choose the website. There has been lots going on in the Diabetes community these last couple of months. First of all we have a support group meeting coming up, and I hope you can attend. Second, both ADA and JDRF are starting up organize their fund raising events for October. I will post contact info and details for both, in another posting. I hope all your kids had as good of a time at Lion's Camp as my son Max did. It was his second year and he thought it was a blast! School has started and we are back to the routine. I hope everyone has had a smooth transition and are using the new Diabetes School Bill to help ensure your kids are safe and healthy at school. Know you and your child's rights. If you have questions you can contact you local ISD to find out how they are meeting the new standards of care for Diabetic students. Our next support group meeting will be September 14th at 6:30-7:30 at the Diabetes Clinic at Driscoll. Dr. Ponder is working on getting a great speaker for the group, Mr. Joe Solowiejczyk. He attended the last Diabetes Cruise and would love to come talk with our group. It should be a great presentation. Other topics we will discuss will be the new school bill, Local fund raising events and in light of the tragedy of Katrina, emergency preparations in case of a Hurricane. I hope you all can come. The next meeting will be around Nov/Dec. Just in time for he Holidays. If you would like an email alert when the site has updated info, please send me you email address with the heading "CCPDD updates please!" and I will email you when updates are posted. I appreciate your continued support of visiting my website and will continue to work to keep updating the site with information to help us and our kids.

Thanks
Kim Schmid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home